CR1 VISA LAWYERS IN HOUSTON ASSISTING INDIVIDUALS WITH IMMIGRATION SERVICES
Do you want to get married but have a foreign fiancée and are now finding it difficult to obtain a CR 1 visa? Marriage visas and the immigration process, in general, can be notoriously tricky to navigate without the assistance of an experienced immigration attorney.
One of the best steps you can take to ensure your success in obtaining an immigrant visa for your intended spouse is to hire a well-qualified CR1 visa lawyer to assist you. The Law Office of Shelle-Ann Simon, PLLC of Houston, TX, has extensive knowledge in representing clients throughout the visa application process.
Contact our law firm immediately and ask to schedule an initial consultation to discuss your case and determine your legal options.
WHAT IS A CR1 VISA?
The term CR1 visa is short for “Conditional Resident.” A CR1 visa is granted to applicants who come to the United States with a green card and have been married for less than two years.
CR1 visas are only granted on a conditional basis. Therefore, two years after the applicant’s arrival, the applicant and their U.S. citizen spouse must apply to update their conditional green card to a 10-year permanent resident card.
Although, on the surface, it seems like a simple process to obtain a marriage visa, it can be overly complex and nearly impossible to understand the various immigration laws involved. Therefore, it is in your best interest to hire an experienced immigration lawyer to assist you with the visa process.
WHAT REQUIREMENTS MUST BE MET TO OBTAIN A MARRIAGE VISA IN HOUSTON?
Foreign spouses must meet certain eligibility criteria before obtaining a spouse visa. Although there are several legal requirements, some of the most essential elements include:
- Be at least 18 years of age at the time of filing.
- Be a legal permanent resident at the time of filing the N-400 application.
- Be legally married to their US-citizen spouse for at least three years until they take the Oath of Allegiance. The individual applying for the fiancé visas must fulfill this requirement before applying for United States citizenship.
- Maintain a legal permanent resident status and be physically present in the United States for at least 18 months or 548 days out of the three years preceding the application filing date.
The fiancé visa process can be confusing and, if not followed precisely, could impede your ability to obtain US citizenship as a foreign citizen.
If you are still trying to determine how the visa process works or need legal representation, contact the Houston, Texas Law Office of Shelle-Ann Simon, PLLC, immediately.
WHY DO I NEED TO HIRE A HOUSTON IMMIGRATION ATTORNEY IF I WANT TO MARRY A FOREIGN SPOUSE?
The process for obtaining a spouse visa can be a long and drawn-out process. However, a skilled fiancé visa attorney can help shorten the spousal visa process and ensure all paperwork is completed correctly and turned in on time.
To obtain a spouse visa, you must complete the following steps:
- First, file an immigration petition for a foreign spouse. The immigration petition must be filed at one of two USCIS service centers in either Vermont or California, depending on where you live.
- Next, you must file a CR1 visa petition with the USCIS National Benefits Center (NBC), which processes all spousal visas in the United States.
- If the DOS National Visa Center approves your spousal visa, it will be forwarded to the National Visa Center, which will forward it to the appropriate consulate. At this point, your spouse will be required to attend a CR1 visa interview at the assigned consulate.
- Finally, if your spouse is granted a CR1 visa, they will be allowed to come and reside with you legally in the United States.
WHAT TYPE OF RESULTS SHOULD I EXPECT SPOUSE VISA ATTORNEY IN TX
The Law Office of Shelle-Ann Simon, PLLC, is passionately committed to assisting individuals with immigration issues and will work diligently to help you obtain your spousal visa.
From the moment we agree to take your case, we will begin working with you to try and expedite the spousal visa process. We can also assist you with completing the numerous required forms that must be turned in and with interview preparation.
Additionally, we can assist clients in obtaining permanent residence through the Immediate Relative petition and will gladly answer any questions you may have about this aspect of immigration law.
Contact The Law Office of Shelle-Ann Simon, PLLC, by calling 281-606-0800 to schedule a consultation. One of our highly trained immigration law attorneys will gladly sit down and answer any questions and explain your legal options.